Join our team!
Alexandras Macarons is looking for a pastry assistant / market hand to join their team.
Do you thrive in a welcoming, fast-paced environment, enjoy engaging with customers and passionate about French macarons? -if so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for an individual who is a hard worker, team player, punctual with the willingness to learn, stay organized, dedicated and able to work in a collaborative environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
At our bakeshop we are working hard to fill our daily quantity of macarons so it is key to maintain a positive attitude and open mind while working hard and efficiently to create our delicate and flavorful macarons.
In addition to being a part of our pastry program this position also includes vending at our neighborhood markets and events. - In this position you will be responsible for packing your vehicle with all the market equipment and macarons for the daily markets. Interacting with customers, taking payment and boxing up the delicate macarons.
This is a part time position with an option for growth into full time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 2 years+ professional culinary/baking experience is preferred but is not required.
· Up to date Washington state food workers card *required*
· Willingness to learn our method for making macarons
· Attention to details; ability to follow instructions, recipes and production protocol.
· Produce tasks according to daily production schedule
· Maintain a clean work space at all times.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to work independently and with a team.
· Consistent weekend availability is a must
· Ability to taste ingredients.
· Vehicle for transporting equipments/macarons to markets and events.
Pay is DOE
Perks: Merchandise discounts and weekly macarons.
To apply, visit:
We look forward to hearing from you!